Limestone is a versatile and often irreplaceable raw material applicable in many ways. It is important for the manufacturing of products that maintain our well-being, and are used on a daily basis.
- Refreshments: Juice and coffee are made of good-quality drinking water, in the production of which limestone-based products are used.
- Cutlery: The cutlery on your breakfast table is made of steel, and lime is needed in many stages of the steel manufacturing process.
- Magazines: Limestone is used in a refined form as filler and for coating purposes in the production of magazine paper and milk cartons.
- Almost half of high-quality coated magazine paper consists of mineral
- Milk: Cows need calcium out of feed lime that is made of the purest limestone, for bone development, function of the nervous system and production of milk.
- Glass: Almost one third of glass consists of limestone.
- Eggs : Limestone is an essential element in shell formation of eggs.